The boys had their official 9 month appointment but I never posted about it, only about them at 9 months since their appointment was late. Ironically, they will be 10 months in two days. The most important thing that sticks out to me from this appointment is that the boys are on track developmentally and have no delays for being born six weeks early! BLESSING. I follow other preemie mom bloggers who have to face developmental delays for their little one and I know it’s extremely difficult for them..so I can truly see what a blessing this is. Especially because we had a rough beginning. When my boys were born, it was not the typical “baby born, post 3829 pics, take baby home, people come over and love on baby..” My boys faced some complications. Jo-Jo was on CPAP because he was born with some fluid in his lungs and was then sent away to a hospital out of state because the doctors thought he may have Hirschsprung disease…but that was ruled out. When Jo-Jo was in this hospital, M-berry was home with us for a week, only to catch RSV and fight for his life. He spent 10 days intubated on a ventilator and ultimately about three weeks in the hospital (AFTER he was discharged and sent home..he went right back)…without going back to that place, they went through a lot to make their place in this world. To hear the doctor tell us that everything is WONDERFUL is simply amazing. It made me want to cry. Complete joy. So all of that to say this – I do NOT take the fact that at this moment in time they have no developmental delays lightly or for granted. Here are the updates from that appointment:
- The boys should start eating table foods at this moment. We can bring it in slowly and the doctor wants us to continue to give them baby food as well. I’m excited/nervous about this part. Choking freaks me the heck out. I mean, it would freak out any mom right? Plus, it’s a sign that they’re growing up. I’m not ready for this to happen yet, obvi. lol.
- Continue to give them water in the sippy cup. Problem…they are not fans of the sippy cup anymore. They were doing okay for awhile, but decided they are over it. They just don’t want it. I’m going to experiment with buying a different type of sippy cup and see if this helps any.
- M-berry is 18 pounds and is 26.5 inches long. He is a shorty!!! He is in the 24th percentile. This is a good spot for us because he is gaining weight and now there’s not as much as a gap between his weight and his brother’s. Hoorah!
- Jo-Jo is 20 pounds and in the 52nd percentile when it comes to weight. He is 27.5 inches long. Seems like he is a little short to me too but we are not the tallest people in the world, so that would explain that!
- Jo-Jo officially has two teeth at the bottom as well. Micah is getting ready to bust some teeth out but he doesn’t have any yet.
- They both have big heads, though I don’t remember the measurements or percentile off of the top of my head.
- We can start “teaching” them to walk.I really don’t want to do this. This means that they will not be babies forever and I’m not sure if my heart can handle that.
Here are the latest pictures my husband took of the boys in our backyard:
…and this would be my absolute favorite in the universe.
I look at these two and feel so much gratitude. That’s all I can do to explain it. Gratitude. I’m grateful for something that I don’t deserve and did nothing to earn…but they are my boys. Thank you Lord. This journey is such a beautiful one.