Hoping, believing, trusting! Transfer was yesterday! STICK EMBIES!


My transfer day was yesterday! I will break everything down  🙂

I had to leave work early, I work as a teacher, because my appointment was at 2:30 an hour away. I came home and relaxed with my husband for about an hour. I was STARVED but actually somewhat scared to eat something big just because I was thinking hmm..soon I’m going to have drink 20-30 ounces of water after eating..I do not want to have any major bowel movements (gross I know) when I’m transferring! Plus, when I’m nervous my stomach gets all messed up and I was super nervous. All I kept thinking was..after this transfer..COMFORT FOOD. I just want a cheese steak roll!! That’s all. lol. Moving on..so an hour before at about 1:30 I downed all of the water I had to drink. Then, we headed out to our appointment an hour away.

By the time I got to the appointment, I really had to use the bathroom. I have a very weak and small bladder to begin with (literally, the nurse once told me my bladder was pretty tiny) so I was ready to get this procedure on the road. Plus, trumping all..I was super excited and just wanted the little embies to be inside of me already! Needless to say..we had to wait a bit because there was another couple ahead of us having a transfer. By the time it was our turn, or so I thought, I told the nurse “look..I REALLY need to use the bathroom. Like…bad…like I can’t guarantee an accident won’t happen during this transfer if somebody doesn’t do something..gross I know but true! It’s how I felt. She let me empty a little bit and then the doctor took me back. However, when we went to the room…we had to go back to the waiting room because they were not quite ready for us yet. By this time I literally wanted to cry..I NEEDED TO GO TO THE BATHROOM. DOES ANYONE UNDERSTAND THIS?! But, I love my doctor and the people there so I took some deep breaths and headed back to the waiting room.

Next, our doctor called us to his office. He showed us the two embryos he was transferring and said they were some “beautiful” looking embryos. He also wanted us to be aware that the chance for twins was 30-40% and asked us “Are you prepared to handle that?” My husband and I had discussed this prior. I don’t think most people are every “ready” to handle a multiple pregnancy but of course we would accept it with joy if that’s what happened. He continued to reiterate the fact that there was a great chance we could have twins. In my mind I was happy because I was hearing “There is a great chance you are going to be pregnant. period.” That’s all that I want. The joy of giving birth to a precious little baby. Whatever God is willing to give me, I ACCEPT!! I’ll take it Lord! After we signed off on the number of embryos being transferred, we went back to waiting.

Finally..after what seemed like an eternity, it was our turn. I changed into a gown and into the little elf hospital scrub shoes and a scrub hat while thinking, man..I should have pulled my hair up. Stuffing my mass of curls into that cap was good times. My husband also had to change into scrubs too. He looked like a cutie off of Grey’s Anatomy (can you tell I find a lot of people on Grey’s cute?). Next, I went into the room where the procedure was going to be done. They elevated my legs into these stir up like things and strapped them in. Then, the doctor came in and started the whole process!

The coolest thing was when they put my embryos onto the screen and I pretty much was able to see the doctor putting the embryos inside of me. Like a friend told me today, “You pretty much saw yourself get impregnated..that’s pretty cool!” Not sure if I would word it that way, but needless to say it is pretty amazing how this can all be possible. My husband caressed my shoulder and was so excited. He’s the best.

After the whole thing was done, we journeyed back home and hubby bought me a steak roll and some cheese fries (because literally, he’s the best) and I laid around and relaxed. Today I felt pretty good too. I went to work but tried to sit as much as possible and take it easy. All I want is for these precious little embies to stick. That would be amazing.

Those of you who are on this journey with me, reading my blog, or going through similar things..you are in my heart and prayers. This road is not an easy one and very often it can feel pretty lonely…but You’re not alone. I’m a Christian and I rely so much on my faith in God. Without Him, where would I be? I’m so blessed to have such a strong husband and supporter to stand with me through all of this. I can’t wait to see what God has in store. Be blessed all ❤


2 thoughts on “Hoping, believing, trusting! Transfer was yesterday! STICK EMBIES!

  1. roribeat says:

    Funny how you described the bathroom emergency! I know for sure I will be hanging soooo bad before transfer, I have small bladder too! Sending you sticky vibes and hope we’ll hear some great news soon!
    ps. I’m with you 100% about the people on Grey’s 😉

Share your thoughts!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s